Friday, October 21, 2011

Little by little

Autumn is officially here and the early mornings are getting downright chilly. Despite the cold I really enjoy the morning's first breath of fresh air when I head to the mailbox to get the newspaper. This morning the sky was so clear that plenty of stars were visible, as well as the crescent moon. Off in the east the black sky was just starting to fade into a dark shade of blue. This transition from dark to light reminded me of my yoga practice. In the darkness (unconsciousness) there are twinkling points of light (stars - aha moments as intuition increases and awareness/consciousness builds up) and a brighter light that keeps shining to lead the way (moon - discipline that urges me to continue practicing each day). Eventually the whole big picture (sky-consciousness) begins to brighten. I'm still at about the level of sunrise on my journey but am working towards reaching high noon little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment